- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- "Asian markets still open"
- Certis USA names Taylor Aguilera as Regional Manager-Northern California
- Screening protects citrus from greening and storms
- Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
EU creates task force to develop agriculture in Africa
The first step in the creation of the Task Force Rural Africa (TFRA) is the call for applications for the selection of members, which will run until 23 March 2018. The group will consist of 11 members, all of whom should be experts with high level expertise and experience in agriculture, agri-business or agroindustry, trade, development policy or migration-related issues and with first-hand knowledge of the agri-food sector in Africa. They will all be appointed in a personal capacity, and will act independently and in the public interest.
Meeting four to six times in Brussels over the course of the next year, the TFRA’s role will be to provide advice on how to build upon existing cooperation structures between the EU and Africa in the broad area of food and farming in order to accelerate the sustainable development of the sector in Africa. It will also look at how the knowledge and know-how gained from European agriculture and rural development policies can be used to develop employment opportunities and revenue-generating activities in African rural areas. There will also be a specific focus on how to better support young people in the agri-food sector in Africa.
The TRFA’s work will build on the political commitments already made between the EU and the African Union, notably at the AU-EU Summit of 29-30 November 2017. The group’s findings and recommendations will be published in January 2019, and will be submitted as part of the wider Joint Africa EU Strategy (JAES).
The Commission Communication on the Future of Food and Farming from November 2017 emphasises that "the future CAP must play a larger role in implementing the outcome of the Valetta Summit, addressing the root causes of migration". It highlights in particular the importance of knowledge transfer to regions of origin, most notably Africa, through sharing of good practices and enhancing strategic policy cooperation and dialogue with the AU on issues related to agriculture, agri-food economy and rural development.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/21/2018 CAN (AB): Province announces changes to Green Certificate Program
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- 09/21/2018 3rd China-ASEAN Agricultural Cooperation Forum held in Nanning
- 09/21/2018 HortiFresh to stimulate fruits and vegetables sector in West Africa
- 09/21/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/20/2018 USDA awards CLEDA $294,286 farmers market grant
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 US (FL): Agriculture, natural resources and food industries grew 2007-2016
- 09/20/2018 $450k for agtech/foodtech companies through Radicle Global Pre-Seed Challenge
- 09/20/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- 09/20/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue