Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Roadblocks hit Israel's export of medical marijuanaPrime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a Likud party faction meeting on Monday that the country’s law enforcement and the Public Security Ministry oppose a plan to export medical marijuana, according to a meeting attendee.
Israel has already granted licenses to a handful of cannabis growers and manufacturers, but exports are stalled over a multi-million-shekel funding dispute to securely hold the drug at Ben Gurion International Airport.
The Public Safety Ministry’s legal adviser, Yoel Hadar, told a Knesset hearing on Monday that the ministry supports exporting marijuana, provided that it get more money to prevent medicinal marijuana from being abused recreationally.
The proposal has run into other roadblocks, with US President Donald Trump reportedly calling Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu three weeks ago to object to the planned medical cannabis exports.
The Israeli government is said to have agreed to Trump’s request, out of concern of not endangering the relationship with a vital ally.
After Netanyahu halted the export plan, he punted it back to the Health Ministry and the chairman of the National Economic Council, Avi Simhon, for further review.
Read more at the Jerusalem Post (Max Schindler)
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Other news in this sector: