Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Social media pranking:
Sweden: Teenagers accused of attacking teacher with a cucumberTwo boys aged between 15 and 18 were accused of physically assaulting a teacher at a school in Karlstad by hitting her on the head with a cucumber. The boys are accused of assault, as well as invasion of privacy for filming the attack. The teacher was not seriously injured but is still on sick leave two weeks after the incident, according to the report.
She remains absent from work "due to the abuse she was subjected to," said the Karlstad Police.
The incident is reported to be connected to a trend known in Sweden as ortens batong, which consists of filming an individual being hit on the head by a cucumber and then posting the footage on social media. The impact must be hard enough for the cucumber to break.
On Friday, police in the town are reported to have received a second alert connected to the social media trend, after a young man hit another man on the head with the vegetable in a grocery store.
According to an article by thelocal.se, this incident was reported by the store due to the damage caused to the cucumber.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Other news in this sector: