- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US: Estimated costs to comply with Food Safety Modernization Act
- Aruba government approves vertical farming project
- Inari secures $40 million to expand plant breeding technologies
- 80% of fruit and veg shipments to Far East Russia arrive through Manzhouli
- Study: Environmentally-friendly farming can increase productivity
Top 5 -last week
Welsh grower breaks record
Earliest ever British strawberries on supermarket shelves
The strawberries, grown by Springfield Nursery near Cowbridge (south Wales), went on sale in Tesco’s Bridgend Extra store. The discount supermarket Aldi was also selling strawberries at its store in Bridgend.
Once a fleeting treat, associated with the few weeks around Wimbledon, strawberries have now become a staple supermarket item, thanks to a longer British growing season and a supply of imported produce. Historically, in England, strawberries started appearing on 1 May and were available until the end of September.
Theguardian.com reports on the strawberry variety now on sale being the ‘Favori’ , which has a distinctive vivid colour and produces large berries that are not too crunchy.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/21/2018 CAN (AB): Province announces changes to Green Certificate Program
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- 09/21/2018 3rd China-ASEAN Agricultural Cooperation Forum held in Nanning
- 09/21/2018 HortiFresh to stimulate fruits and vegetables sector in West Africa
- 09/21/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/20/2018 USDA awards CLEDA $294,286 farmers market grant
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 US (FL): Agriculture, natural resources and food industries grew 2007-2016
- 09/20/2018 $450k for agtech/foodtech companies through Radicle Global Pre-Seed Challenge
- 09/20/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- 09/20/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue