Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Lettuce grower lets customers pick their ownRomaine Organics, a certified organic farming company in Batac City, is opening its farm to the public once again for another first in the region – the “Pick and Pay” promo.
Under the offer, customers are allowed to go around the farm, pick locally-grown lettuce themselves, and pay for their harvest.
Romaine Organics is owned by the Ganiron family, whose farm is located in Barangay Ben-agan, Batac City. The company is being run by John Lei and his father Romeo, both multi-awarded farmer-entrepreneurs in the locality.
According to John Lei, who is farm management supervisor of Romaine Organics, the price of their organic and hydroponic lettuce is currently pegged at PHP250 per kg.
Adjacent to their residence in Ben-agan village is a showcase of auto-switched hydroponic lettuce that can be harvested at the Ganirons’ 10-meter by 8-meter greenhouse.
Read more at Northbound Philippines News Online (Leilanie Adriano)
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Other news in this sector: