- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- How to minimize downtime between hydroponic crop cycles
- "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- Certis USA names Taylor Aguilera as Regional Manager-Northern California
- PanAmerican Seed welcomes Luther McLaughlin as General Manager of vegetable breeding
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
According to official figures, around 25% of fruits and vegetables harvested in the Bihar district are damaged before marketing because of lack of proper storage facilities. This is a huge number, as Bihar produced 16.6 million tonnes of vegetables and 4.23 million tonnes of fruits in 2016-17.
"The state government will provide a subsidy of 650,000 rupees (8,100 euros) to set up one portable cold storage. It would be solar-powered, so farmers would not have to bear the recurring power cost," said Agriculture Minister Prem Kumar.
A telegraphindia.com report claims that if proper storage facilities are not present, the volume of damaged produce would only increase in coming years as the state is aiming to take production levels of vegetables to 25.3 million tonnes and fruits to 6 million tonnes by 2021-22.
A portable cold storage costs around 1.3 million rupees (16,300 euros) and has a capacity to store 5 tonnes of produce at a low temperature. The department has a target to set up 38 solar portable cold storages in the current fiscal year.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 07/04/2018 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 06/27/2018 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 06/07/2018 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 02/27/2018 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 01/04/2018 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 12/13/2017 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 12/13/2017 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 12/12/2017 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 11/22/2017 What is hydronic cooling?
- 11/13/2017 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 10/03/2017 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 09/01/2017 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 06/07/2017 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 05/17/2017 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"
- 04/03/2017 China: Large cold chain logistics center to be built in Ganzhou
- 03/16/2017 Conviron announces new distributor for Colombia, Peru and Ecuador
- 02/02/2017 McGill researchers develop new passive cooling and ventilation solution
- 02/01/2017 Reducing ethylene levels allows higher storage temperatures for vegetables
- 01/03/2017 Cold storage capacity increasing globally
- 11/01/2016 Isocab introduces ‘the new foam’