Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (VA): WGVA looks for new location for hydroponics greenhouseWGVA Holdings, the company that considered purchasing more than 85 acres along Senseny Road for a hydroponic greenhouse facility, has decided not to pursue the project in Clarke County.
“Our company was excited to help Clarke County fulfill its strategic plan and to take our place within the local agricultural and business community,” a WGVA Holdings representative wrote in an Open Forum piece submitted to The Winchester Star editorial department, while indicating the company will find another property in another county.
“WGVA Holdings will be investing millions of dollars to develop a modern agri-business operation that will stimulate local employment and create substantial new local tax revenues, which in turn will help to ease the tax burden on other businesses and property owners,” the WGVA Holdings representative wrote.
“This news does not come as a total surprise,” Clarke County Board of Supervisors Chairman David Weiss said late Friday. “This site and this firm have been controversial for many months, so it’s not a surprise the firm has decided to go somewhere else.”
Read more at The Winchester Star (Cathy Kuehner)
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Other news in this sector: