Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Russia: More than 180,000 tons of vegetables harvested in Krasnodar Territory
- Crop protection with fewer chemicals
- "Compostable twine holds up well in the stress of hot summers"
- “We’re about to send a huge load of produce to Europe for next to nothing”
- AU: Growers face another peak berry season unable to sell fruit
Top 5 -last week
US (VA): WGVA looks for new location for hydroponics greenhouse
“Our company was excited to help Clarke County fulfill its strategic plan and to take our place within the local agricultural and business community,” a WGVA Holdings representative wrote in an Open Forum piece submitted to The Winchester Star editorial department, while indicating the company will find another property in another county.
“WGVA Holdings will be investing millions of dollars to develop a modern agri-business operation that will stimulate local employment and create substantial new local tax revenues, which in turn will help to ease the tax burden on other businesses and property owners,” the WGVA Holdings representative wrote.
“This news does not come as a total surprise,” Clarke County Board of Supervisors Chairman David Weiss said late Friday. “This site and this firm have been controversial for many months, so it’s not a surprise the firm has decided to go somewhere else.”
Read more at The Winchester Star (Cathy Kuehner)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Russia: 11 ha greenhouse under construction in Kuban
- 09/18/2018 Germany: Wittingen gets first joint Food & Energy facility
- 09/18/2018 Korean company builds aquaponic greenhouse in Kazakhstan
- 09/18/2018 US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- 09/17/2018 Russia: High-tech greenhouse complex opened in Rostov region
- 09/17/2018 Russia: Greenhouse vegetables crops in Moscow region up 77%
- 09/14/2018 Samoan growers get tunnel and shade houses from China
- 09/14/2018 Texas A&M AgriLife high tunnel study expands
- 09/14/2018 US (IL): Sangamon Valley students anticipating new greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Record harvest at Antarctic greenhouse
- 09/13/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower completes first harvest in Strathroy greenhouse
- 09/13/2018 Belgium: Roeselare breaks ground on 30 ha greenhouse business park
- 09/13/2018 Basic requirements when looking for a new greenhouse production site
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/12/2018 West Africa's largest hydroponic tomato greenhouse opens in Nigeria
- 09/11/2018 Biggest greenhouse in Siberia for sale
- 09/11/2018 Are hot springs the future of farming?
- 09/11/2018 US (TX): High school receives $10K Monsanto grant for greenhouse
- 09/04/2018 Can urban greenhouses support social justice or is it only benefitting the rich?