Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (PA): Hydroponic farm opens in CarlisleIn a dimly lit area in the back of the Bartoli Produce warehouse in Carlisle is a two room hydroponic farm that is years in the making and which Joe Hays, owner of Bartoli Produce and his wife, Anna and business partner Richard Charles hope is the future of farming.
The hydroponic farm known as Mully Grubb Farms, which grows plants without soil, at 200 S. Bedford St. includes a 16-foot, six-tier structure for genovese and lemon basil that uses 20,000 gallons of water an hour, and a smaller area in the room next door to grow microgreens.
Charles says that they have been researching and looking into hydroponic farming for a few years and have reached out to hydroponic farmers all over the world including Europe to learn as much as they can about what to do and what not to do when it comes to hydroponic farming.
Mully Grubb officially began selling the items last month. Hays said that at first, Mully Grubb will distribute to high-end restaurants but, eventually hopes to distribute to restaurants and food shops that specialize in organics as well as pizza shops, hospitals and more. Hays and Charles said educating people about the benefits of microgreens will take time but, hopefully as more and more people learn about the benefits, they will be able to expand their business. Eventually, Mully Grubb products will receive kosher certification.
Read more at PennLive.com (Daniel Urie)
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Other news in this sector: