Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (PA): Hydroponic farm opens in Carlisle
The hydroponic farm known as Mully Grubb Farms, which grows plants without soil, at 200 S. Bedford St. includes a 16-foot, six-tier structure for genovese and lemon basil that uses 20,000 gallons of water an hour, and a smaller area in the room next door to grow microgreens.
Charles says that they have been researching and looking into hydroponic farming for a few years and have reached out to hydroponic farmers all over the world including Europe to learn as much as they can about what to do and what not to do when it comes to hydroponic farming.
Mully Grubb officially began selling the items last month. Hays said that at first, Mully Grubb will distribute to high-end restaurants but, eventually hopes to distribute to restaurants and food shops that specialize in organics as well as pizza shops, hospitals and more. Hays and Charles said educating people about the benefits of microgreens will take time but, hopefully as more and more people learn about the benefits, they will be able to expand their business. Eventually, Mully Grubb products will receive kosher certification.
Read more at PennLive.com (Daniel Urie)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 US: Groups ask Congress to support urban/innovative farms
- 09/18/2018 Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- 09/18/2018 CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- 09/17/2018 Building the sustainable cities of the future
- 09/17/2018 Gotham Greens
- 09/14/2018 A farm on a shelf
- 09/13/2018 CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- 09/13/2018 Container farm producer now also supplies farmers
- 09/12/2018 "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- 09/11/2018 Growing crops with roots in the mist
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- 09/10/2018 Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- 09/06/2018 Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- 09/06/2018 How the right sales channel can make or break your vertical farm
- 09/05/2018 "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."
- 09/05/2018 US (PA): Plans advancing for greenhouse in former garage
- 09/04/2018 "We want to supply Amsterdam with locally grown food"
- 09/03/2018 South-Korea: As temperatures rise, farmers plant crops in tunnel