Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Seychelles about to import 21 agricultural products from Kenya
The Seychelles are going to import twenty-one different agricultural products from Kenya including onions, cauliflowers, cucumbers, potatoes, watermelons and tomatoes. The deal follows a long period of testing and negotiating.
The products have been analysed exhaustively to make sure that they meet all export requirements. For the Seychelles, Kenya is an attractive trade partner. The country is close to the archipelago and therefore is perfectly suited to deliver fresh products. Besides, the Seychelles strive to have as few trade partners as possible. "Every country brings its own risks. By having only one trade partner, we can more easily protect ourselves against these risks", says the National Agency of Biosafety.
The Seychelles have a limited production capacity and therefore import plays a vital role.
Source: Seychelles News Agency
Publication date: 2/23/2018
Other news in this sector: