- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US (AR): Advanced greenhouse will amp up rice research in Stuttgart
- CAN (BC): Massive open-field operation to compete with greenhouses
- Getting global attention for greenhouse technology to feed the world population
- NL: Fighting whitefly was troublesome at all levels
- Scurvy makes comeback in the West
Top 5 -last week
US (NY): Architects integrate vertical farm in apartment of the future
More and more homes, retail and office buildings are being built with sustainable architecture in mind. The goal of Pier 2 is to build comfortable and functional residences in the most economical way possible. Units will use Photovoltaic glass, a dynamic window option that saves electrical consumption in the summer and winter by up to 34 percent. Wind turbines churn under the upper platform and create energy for homes that also decrease the building’s carbon footprint. Other energy efficient sources include solar panels, Tesla energy via Powerwall, tidal power using the currents for the Hudson River and vertical farming for food production without pesticides. On the exterior, green walls add a distinctive natural element and help to clean the air while providing wildlife habitats and increase real estate values.
Read more about the proposed project here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US (NJ): Generation of farmers use alternative techniques to grow crops
- 09/21/2018 Fully-automated indoor farm to open in the United States
- 09/19/2018 LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- 09/18/2018 US: Groups ask Congress to support urban/innovative farms
- 09/18/2018 Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- 09/18/2018 CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- 09/17/2018 Building the sustainable cities of the future
- 09/17/2018 Gotham Greens
- 09/14/2018 A farm on a shelf
- 09/13/2018 CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- 09/13/2018 Container farm producer now also supplies farmers
- 09/12/2018 "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- 09/11/2018 Growing crops with roots in the mist
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- 09/10/2018 Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- 09/06/2018 Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- 09/06/2018 How the right sales channel can make or break your vertical farm
- 09/05/2018 "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."