Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Inmates flourish with tomato cropAbout 100 inmates from Grafton Correctional Centre in northern NSW have already grown about 600 kilograms of cherry tomatoes in the six months since the prison program was established late last year.
The flourishing cherry tomato plants will eventually supply the state's 13,200 prisoners who reportedly chomp through about 500kg each day.
Correctional Services Industries spokesman Ben Preston says the program keeps inmates busy while also teaching them job-ready skills, with some doing horticulture and nursery courses through TAFE.
The program is also forming partnerships with local blueberry, cucumber, and lettuce farmers as demand for Australian produce increases from China.
Read more at The Border Mail
Publication date: 2/23/2018
Other news in this sector: