Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aruba: Affinor signs license agreement for marijuana and food productionAffinor Growers has signed an exclusive license agreement with Vertical Designs Aruba to produce marijuana and food using the Affinor Growers patented rotating vertical towers.
In return for granting the license, Affinor Growers will receive 10% ownership in VDA and VDA will order all towers from Affinor for its farm to be based in Aruba. The license granted to VDA will cover the region of the Caribbean and as VDA expands into other countries in the Caribbean and incorporates new subsidiaries, it may sub license Affinor’s technology and Affinor will receive a 10% stake in all other sub licences or subsidiaries through out the Caribbean.
Marijuana is not currently legal in Aruba, however in the event laws change they will be ready to service the Marijuana market. One of the key advantages to growing plants using the tower technology in Aruba is the favourable growing climate, according to Affinor.
Nicholas Brusatore, CEO commented that, “I am very excited about the new agriculture market we are about to access in the Caribbean, this will bring Affinor’s technology, additional jobs and training for Aruba.”
For more information
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Other news in this sector: