Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Senators call on Trump for TPP reengagementU.S. Senator Steve Daines led 25 senators in sending a letter to President Trump urging the President to act on his recent statements expressing interest in reconsidering an improved Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
“With 95 percent of the world’s consumers living outside of America’s borders, expanding trade opportunities is critical to Montana’s economy,” said Daines. “When given the opportunity to compete on a level playing field, Montana farmers, ranchers and businesses will win and create good-paying jobs here at home.”
The letter comes a week before President Trump is scheduled to meet with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull at the White House. The two leaders are expected to discuss promoting economic growth, including through expanded trade.
Daines was joined by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin G. Hatch (UT), Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts (KS), Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (TX), and Senators Mike Rounds (SD), James Lankford (OK), Roy Blunt (MO), Jeff Flake (AZ), Lindsey Graham (SC), Johnny Isakson (GA), James Risch (ID), John Barrasso (WY), Cory Gardner (CO), Mike Enzi (WY), Ben Sasse (NE), Jerry Moran (KS), Ron Johnson (WI), Dan Sullivan (AK), Chuck Grassley (IA), Joni Ernst (IA), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Todd Young (IN), Roger Wicker (MS), John McCain (AZ) and Richard Burr (NC).
The full text of the letter can be read here.
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Other news in this sector: