Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US (HI): Kilauea Community Agricultural Center continues to grow
- Solar greenhouse on top of Berlin hotel
- CID AgTech signs North American distribution agreement with Phenospex
- Mexico: Greenhouses, a way of life for the farmers of Morelos
- Dr. Shefali Mehta tapped as new leader of Soil Health Partnership
Top 5 -last week
"Good choices of veggies mean nothing if you still drink or smoke"
Fuelled by an alarming survey released two years ago revealing some prepackaged organic veggies as also contaminated, it looks like the health conscious are left with no choice but to grow food in their own backyard.
Easier said than done, that is probably the best and most ideal solution to food hazards, said anti-ageing specialist Dr Thidakarn Rujipattanakul.
But, he also concluded, “We’d better pay attention to the whole picture. [...] You worry about contaminated vegetables but you eat a lot of processed food like ham and bacon, have zero exercise and not enough sleep. That’s useless. Do not just put your focus on vegetables. All elements for good health must be properly practised. Good choices of veggies mean nothing if you still drink or smoke.”
Read more at the Bangkok Post (Arusa Pisuthipan)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/07/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/06/2018 US: Kansas church dinner - tomatoes and Salmonella
- 09/05/2018 New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- 08/30/2018 Urban food security in the context of inequality and dietary change
- 08/29/2018 Bees are becoming ‘addicted’ to pesticides blamed for killing them
- 08/28/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/21/2018 Strawberries may help against inflammatory bowel disease
- 08/17/2018 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 08/17/2018 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 08/16/2018 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 08/10/2018 US (IL): University researches health benefits of heirloom tomatoes
- 08/09/2018 Videogame-strategy used to get children eating more fruit and veggies
- 08/09/2018 Food Bank using 'veggie meter' to encourage healthy eating
- 07/16/2018 Allergy potential of strawberries and tomatoes depends on the variety
- 07/12/2018 US (OH): Creating incentives for better food choices
- 07/10/2018 "School food policies have potential to improve health"
- 06/28/2018 EU: Call for best practices on healthy and sustainable food systems
- 06/19/2018 CAN (QC): Father sentenced over uneaten vegetables
- 05/18/2018 More than 100 types of herbs, throughout the year