Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
"Lime, green and purple LEDs produce high red lettuce yields"
The LUXEON SunPlus Lime + Purple LEDs performed best in terms of yield (fresh weight) and antioxidant levels. The spectrum of this light source includes output in the far red range (700-800 nm) that can boost lettuce yields. The Valoya PC LEDs produced greens of comparable yield but statistically lower levels of antioxidants, indicating that the spectral photon distribution of phosphor down conversion can have different effects on crop quality. In summary, these data suggest that growth and nutrition are optimized using PC LEDs with strong royal blue, green, deep red and far red components found in the combination of LUXEON SunPlus Lime + Purple LEDs.
The spectra that performed best for both yield (fresh weight) and nutrient concentrations were the LUXEON SunPlus Series Lime + Purple and Purple + Green LEDs. To effectively grow Rouxai red lettuce and similar crops in indoor environments, the use of Lime + Purple and Purple + Green LEDs from Lumileds demonstrated significant advantages.
Access the full study at Lumileds
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Czech scientists make progress in microscopic examination of plants
- 09/18/2018 Screening protects citrus from greening and storms
- 09/17/2018 “We take the guessing out of commercial aquaponics"
- 09/17/2018 Divisional patent for Irrigation by Condensation (IBC) technology in India
- 09/17/2018 Ion exchange in the treatment of irrigation water
- 09/14/2018 NL: Sugar factory supplies water to growers
- 09/14/2018 Checking food with a smartphone thanks to a broadband infrared LED
- 09/14/2018 Australian company launches Priva accreditation scheme
- 09/14/2018 HortTechnology announces open access of applied horticultural research
- 09/13/2018 Smart cameras predict future development of cuttings
- 09/13/2018 Indoor precision agriculture platform enables connected indoor farm
- 09/13/2018 Water cooling and water tightness in LED fixtures
- 09/12/2018 Danes research greenhouse grow lamps
- 09/12/2018 US: Electrolyzed water system to treat and prevent plant diseases
- 09/11/2018 "No duplicate sensors, lower costs and uniform data"
- 09/11/2018 UK: Using maths and engineering to solve problems in food production
- 09/10/2018 US (AR): Oxygen's role in plant self-defense
- 09/10/2018 Nutrient removal from drainwater: the e-Phos showcased
- 09/07/2018 "Vertical farm products: easy to construct and transport"
- 09/07/2018 "Even a crop hook can contribute to sustainably feeding world population"