Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Da Nang to invest in clean vegetablesDa Nang city’s agricultural sector plans to develop greenhouse vegetable projects in the coming years.
The goal is to create clean products, ensure large-scale production, link production and consumption, and improve the lives of farmers.
Nguyen Duc Tan, chairman of Hoa Ninh Commune Farmers’ Association, said the model of growing clean vegetables using advanced technology was bringing about economic efficiency.
“However, wide application is not easy as it requires investors to meet certain economic criteria. Currently, local authorities are calling for more investment in high-tech vegetable models,” he said.
According to him, developing greenhouse vegetable areas in Hoa Ninh commune in future needs an investment of 3 billion VND [132,000 USD], besides local financial support.
“The commune plans to develop a 5ha greenhouse vegetable area in future. Hoa Ninh will be the centre of high-tech vegetables and agricultural products,” Tan said.
Read more at Vietnam+
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Other news in this sector: