Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand family watches woman steal honesty box and one cucumberLast Sunday evening Dennis Wade, his wife Stacey Jensen-Wade and their five children watched a car stop at the end of their driveway in New Plymouth. That is where the family has a small fruit and vegetable stall; the children often sell their home grown vegetables and fruit for a little extra money, as the family only has one income.
Wade stood in the door way and watched the woman, who was about 25 metres away, grab the cucumber and then pick up their honesty box and shake it at the driver of the car.
"It wouldn't have felt like much," Wade said. The family only sell about 10 pieces of produce at $1 a piece at a time, so the honesty box would have only had about $8 in it.
Wade called out to his family, and ran up the driveway to stop the thieving woman. Stuff.co.nz reported that he got the number plate of the car and phoned the police. "Stealing is stealing."
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Other news in this sector: