Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand family watches woman steal honesty box and one cucumberLast Sunday evening Dennis Wade, his wife Stacey Jensen-Wade and their five children watched a car stop at the end of their driveway in New Plymouth. That is where the family has a small fruit and vegetable stall; the children often sell their home grown vegetables and fruit for a little extra money, as the family only has one income.
Wade stood in the door way and watched the woman, who was about 25 metres away, grab the cucumber and then pick up their honesty box and shake it at the driver of the car.
"It wouldn't have felt like much," Wade said. The family only sell about 10 pieces of produce at $1 a piece at a time, so the honesty box would have only had about $8 in it.
Wade called out to his family, and ran up the driveway to stop the thieving woman. Stuff.co.nz reported that he got the number plate of the car and phoned the police. "Stealing is stealing."
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Other news in this sector: