- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Australia: MMJ grower educates doctors
MediFarm director Adam Benjamin said they were focused on educating doctors, in a bid to encourage more GPs to take up the mantle as approved medicinal cannabis prescribers.
By the middle of the year his company will begin producing the region's first batches of medicinal cannabis oil, made from high-grade strains of Israeli medical-grade marijuana.
"This is another tool in the doctor's bag,” Mr Benjamin said.
"It's teething, but I think we're all headed in the right direction.
"This is quite an advanced science and medicine in other parts of the world.”
He said Queensland had the most progressive legislation in the country when it came to medicinal marijuana, but also the most bureaucracy and paperwork.
"It is a big one (for GPs) at the moment,” Mr Benjamin said.
"This is their first rodeo as well. Ultimately we are here to serve the Australian patients.”
Read more at the Sunshine Coast Daily (Scott Sawyer)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 US (WA): Construction permit issued for 44,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility
- 09/19/2018 South Africa's highest court legalises cannabis use
- 09/19/2018 CAN (ON): Auto plant converted into medical cannabis cultivation facility in 12 months
- 09/18/2018 CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- 09/18/2018 US (CA): Turnkey automated cultivation systems for the cannabis industry
- 09/17/2018 MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- 09/17/2018 Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
- 09/17/2018 US (OK): Former tomato greenhouse ready for organic MMJ
- 09/14/2018 European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
- 09/14/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- 09/11/2018 CAN (BC): Pure Sunfarms to expand cannabis acreage to 550,000 sq.ft.
- 09/11/2018 CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- 09/10/2018 US (NV): CROP completes purchase of Nye County farm
- 09/10/2018 US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- 09/07/2018 Delphy gets into cannabis cultivation
- 09/06/2018 CAN (BC): Medicinal greenhouse proposal for Logan Lake
- 09/05/2018 Big-name investors experiment with marijuana stocks
- 09/04/2018 NZ: First company receives medical cannabis license
- 08/31/2018 CAN (ON): Controversial greenhouse now for mums, not pot
- 08/30/2018 US, Mexico discuss cannabis legalization