Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: MMJ grower educates doctorsA step into the unknown and a complicated approval process means the Sunshine Coast's first medicinal marijuana supplier will be playing the long game.
MediFarm director Adam Benjamin said they were focused on educating doctors, in a bid to encourage more GPs to take up the mantle as approved medicinal cannabis prescribers.
By the middle of the year his company will begin producing the region's first batches of medicinal cannabis oil, made from high-grade strains of Israeli medical-grade marijuana.
"This is another tool in the doctor's bag,” Mr Benjamin said.
"It's teething, but I think we're all headed in the right direction.
"This is quite an advanced science and medicine in other parts of the world.”
He said Queensland had the most progressive legislation in the country when it came to medicinal marijuana, but also the most bureaucracy and paperwork.
"It is a big one (for GPs) at the moment,” Mr Benjamin said.
"This is their first rodeo as well. Ultimately we are here to serve the Australian patients.”
Read more at the Sunshine Coast Daily (Scott Sawyer)
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Other news in this sector: