Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zambia: Ministry of Defence partners with Indian seed supplierThe Zambian ministry of Defence is keen to actualise President Edgar Lungu’s directive to venture into agriculture to contribute to national food security, Permanent Secretary Stardy Mwale has said.
“My Ministry is, therefore, considering to work with Prasad Seeds of India, through a joint venture or public private partnership in order to achieve food security for the country,” he said.
He said this in Lusaka recently when Zambia’s High Commissioner to India Judith Kapijimpanga took Prasad Seeds Company who wanted to set up a state-of-the-art seed processing facility in Zambia.
“The idea of the ministry of Defence to partner with Prasad Seeds can go a long way in securing Zambia’s food security if paddy rice and vegetable seeds are processed locally,” Ms Kapijimpanga said.
Read more at the Times of Zambia (Steven Zande)
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Other news in this sector: