Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zambia: Ministry of Defence partners with Indian seed supplierThe Zambian ministry of Defence is keen to actualise President Edgar Lungu’s directive to venture into agriculture to contribute to national food security, Permanent Secretary Stardy Mwale has said.
“My Ministry is, therefore, considering to work with Prasad Seeds of India, through a joint venture or public private partnership in order to achieve food security for the country,” he said.
He said this in Lusaka recently when Zambia’s High Commissioner to India Judith Kapijimpanga took Prasad Seeds Company who wanted to set up a state-of-the-art seed processing facility in Zambia.
“The idea of the ministry of Defence to partner with Prasad Seeds can go a long way in securing Zambia’s food security if paddy rice and vegetable seeds are processed locally,” Ms Kapijimpanga said.
Read more at the Times of Zambia (Steven Zande)
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Other news in this sector: