Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MN): Grower brings local lettuce to Twin Cities consumersRevol Greens looks like a warehouse or factory from the outside. But step inside, and it’s an oasis of green plunked into the frozen outdoor landscape of southern Minnesota.
The 2.5-acre greenhouse operation, the largest of its kind in the state, raises several varieties of greens in assembly-line style and began shipments to Twin Cities grocery chains last week.
It is the latest of several greenhouse ventures in recent years to test the profitability of using high-tech, energy-efficient equipment to make locally grown produce available year-round to Minnesota consumers.
“Consumers expect produce grown close to home to be fresher, tastier and better for the environment,” said Revol Greens President Jay Johnson, who has been at the forefront of greenhouse growing in Minnesota for more than 20 years. “We want to meet and exceed their expectations.”
Read more at the Star Tribune (Tom Meersman)
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Other news in this sector: