Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MS): Dixie grandmother grows hydroponic tomatoesBeth Tucker has been around farming all her life. But adapting to today's technology has helped Tucker grow better products year-round.
Tucker, 55, of the Dixie community has been growing tomatoes hydroponically for about three years at Triple T Hydroponics. She started prep work on the farm a year earlier.
She studied hydroponic methods and business models and did a lot of research for about a year before jumping in, first with one greenhouse and then adding two more.
"I was trying to find something to do here at home so I could take care of my babies," said Tucker, who is raising her two grandchildren, both with special needs.
The Brooklyn native hopes it is something she can teach her granddaughter to do and eventually help her take over the family business.
Read more at the Hattiesburg American (Lici Beveridge)
Publication date: 2/19/2018
Other news in this sector: