Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MS): Dixie grandmother grows hydroponic tomatoesBeth Tucker has been around farming all her life. But adapting to today's technology has helped Tucker grow better products year-round.
Tucker, 55, of the Dixie community has been growing tomatoes hydroponically for about three years at Triple T Hydroponics. She started prep work on the farm a year earlier.
She studied hydroponic methods and business models and did a lot of research for about a year before jumping in, first with one greenhouse and then adding two more.
"I was trying to find something to do here at home so I could take care of my babies," said Tucker, who is raising her two grandchildren, both with special needs.
The Brooklyn native hopes it is something she can teach her granddaughter to do and eventually help her take over the family business.
Read more at the Hattiesburg American (Lici Beveridge)
Publication date: 2/19/2018
Other news in this sector: