Top 5 -yesterday
- Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- Higher than expected turnout at Rijk Zwaan open day
- US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- Divisional patent for Irrigation by Condensation (IBC) technology in India
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (IL): Schlarman grant reaps greenhouse
An 18-foot by 36-foot greenhouse from International Greenhouse Co. of Danville has come to fruition thanks to the Schlarman Foundation Board’s newly launched teacher grant program.
The greenhouse is the result of the first teacher grant that was awarded in the summer to biology teacher Blake Leonard.
Leonard, who is in his second year of teaching at the high school, said he hatched the idea for a greenhouse after noticing “a big empty space” on the northeast side of the school.
He was considering purchasing a very small greenhouse from Amazon when someone suggested he contact the International Greenhouse Co. in Danville. Thanks to Schlarman Foundation’s teacher grant program, Leonard ended up with a much larger greenhouse with running water and electricity.
Read more at Commercial-News (Carol Roehm)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Russia: 11 ha greenhouse under construction in Kuban
- 09/18/2018 Germany: Wittingen gets first joint Food & Energy facility
- 09/18/2018 Korean company builds aquaponic greenhouse in Kazakhstan
- 09/18/2018 US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- 09/17/2018 Russia: High-tech greenhouse complex opened in Rostov region
- 09/17/2018 Russia: Greenhouse vegetables crops in Moscow region up 77%
- 09/14/2018 Samoan growers get tunnel and shade houses from China
- 09/14/2018 Texas A&M AgriLife high tunnel study expands
- 09/14/2018 US (IL): Sangamon Valley students anticipating new greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Record harvest at Antarctic greenhouse
- 09/13/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower completes first harvest in Strathroy greenhouse
- 09/13/2018 Belgium: Roeselare breaks ground on 30 ha greenhouse business park
- 09/13/2018 Basic requirements when looking for a new greenhouse production site
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/12/2018 West Africa's largest hydroponic tomato greenhouse opens in Nigeria
- 09/11/2018 Biggest greenhouse in Siberia for sale
- 09/11/2018 Are hot springs the future of farming?
- 09/11/2018 US (TX): High school receives $10K Monsanto grant for greenhouse
- 09/04/2018 Can urban greenhouses support social justice or is it only benefitting the rich?