Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (IL): Schlarman grant reaps greenhouseA greenhouse will soon yield a crop of new educational opportunities at Schlarman Academy’s North Campus.
An 18-foot by 36-foot greenhouse from International Greenhouse Co. of Danville has come to fruition thanks to the Schlarman Foundation Board’s newly launched teacher grant program.
The greenhouse is the result of the first teacher grant that was awarded in the summer to biology teacher Blake Leonard.
Leonard, who is in his second year of teaching at the high school, said he hatched the idea for a greenhouse after noticing “a big empty space” on the northeast side of the school.
He was considering purchasing a very small greenhouse from Amazon when someone suggested he contact the International Greenhouse Co. in Danville. Thanks to Schlarman Foundation’s teacher grant program, Leonard ended up with a much larger greenhouse with running water and electricity.
Read more at Commercial-News (Carol Roehm)
Publication date: 2/19/2018
Other news in this sector: