Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Jordanian fruit and vegetable exporters visit Fruit Logistica
Last summer all stakeholders from the private and public sector wrote a sector export marketing plan under guidance of the CBI experts team. For the past few months, the 8 Fruits & Vegetable farmers have been validating this plan by visiting all identified interesting markets for the Jordanian Fruits & Vegetables; East Asia (Hong Kong), the Gulf (Dubai) and a trip in April is planned for Russia (St. Petersburg). The trip to Berlin covered the fourth market: West & Eastern Europe.
Since September 2017 the companies have been working on their company export marketing plan. The first day of the trip CBI coached the companies in creating a long term vision for their companies and a focus in products and market combinations that they can focus on. In the afternoon, the sector expert prepared the companies for the trade fair by helping them with their company pitches, trade fair roadmap and by arranging several appointments for the farmers with different importers.
Amongst other things, meetings with Russian, Dutch and UK buyers of different dates, vegetables and fruits were organised. The meetings with buyers gave interesting further insights in the potential of these markets.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/11/2018 Spain: Marketability probability study of cherry tomato cultivars
- 09/10/2018 Roasted: the tomato marketing board of Canada
- 09/03/2018 ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- 08/31/2018 "Shared vision for sustainable agriculture"
- 08/30/2018 NatureFresh Farms donates produce to reduce food waste footprint
- 08/30/2018 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 08/30/2018 US: AgSharks competition offers $250,000 minimum investment for startups
- 08/29/2018 US (MO): Growing veggies on a billboard
- 08/28/2018 Turkish exporters promote produce in Russia
- 08/24/2018 New Mexico officials start offensive to spot fake chile
- 08/21/2018 VegDoctor encourages Australian growers to innovate
- 08/20/2018 "A third of European fruit and veg crop too ugly to sell"
- 08/17/2018 How sustainability can increase your profits
- 08/17/2018 Ukraine: Fresh produce delivered straight from producer to consumer in Kherson
- 08/16/2018 PlanetProof releases English version of plant product certification scheme
- 08/10/2018 Lidl selling 5kg boxes of wonky fruit and veg for just £1.50
- 08/09/2018 M&S starts selling first 'Instagrammable vegetable'
- 08/08/2018 Australian farmer turns to watermelon to feed hungry cattle
- 08/08/2018 "We want to make specialty peppers more accessible"
- 07/20/2018 "Changes in food culture could open new opportunities for farmers"