Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Australia: MMJ grower gets AUD$2,500,000 government grant
“We are co-investing with Solaris Nutraceuticals to make sure it (the medicinal cannabis facility) happens,” said Kevin Hogan, Australian Member of Parliament. “Up to 280 jobs will be there one day providing this great new product that is needed by our community. We look forward to having the largest medicinal cannabis facility in the Southern Hemisphere soon in Casino.”
“We are very honoured to be awarded this Federal Grant towards the construction of our 1,200,000 sq. ft. greenhouse,” said Michael Horsfall, Co-founder and CEO of Solaris Nutraceuticals. “We have been overwhelmed with the generous support we have received from all levels of Government. We are working hard to deliver this project. We expect to create upwards of 300 to 500 direct and indirect jobs in the Northern Rivers Region from our greenhouse project. This will provide a significant boost to the local economy”
The new facility will be Australia’s largest growing, manufacturing, processing and research facility in Australia. This is an innovative project which will help patients, create new jobs, complete further research and develop new products in the medical cannabis field.
The company is currently in the assessment stage for three licenses with the Office of Drug Control in Canberra.
“Getting financial support from the local government at this scale is unprecedented,” said Rob Gietl, CEO of MYM. “and we are very excited about the Northern rivers project and the economic impact it can have for the area and Solaris Nutraceuticals Inc.”
The project is scheduled to break ground in the Spring of this year with phase one completed by the Fall. Project completion is scheduled for Q4 2019.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 US (CA): Turnkey automated cultivation systems for the cannabis industry
- 09/18/2018 CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- 09/17/2018 Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
- 09/17/2018 US (OK): Former tomato greenhouse ready for organic MMJ
- 09/17/2018 MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- 09/14/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- 09/14/2018 European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
- 09/11/2018 CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- 09/11/2018 CAN (BC): Pure Sunfarms to expand cannabis acreage to 550,000 sq.ft.
- 09/10/2018 US (NV): CROP completes purchase of Nye County farm
- 09/10/2018 US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- 09/07/2018 Delphy gets into cannabis cultivation
- 09/06/2018 CAN (BC): Medicinal greenhouse proposal for Logan Lake
- 09/05/2018 Big-name investors experiment with marijuana stocks
- 09/04/2018 NZ: First company receives medical cannabis license
- 08/31/2018 CAN (ON): Controversial greenhouse now for mums, not pot
- 08/30/2018 US, Mexico discuss cannabis legalization
- 08/29/2018 US (WA): 35,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility commences commercial production
- 08/28/2018 Lebanese cannabis farmers hope legalisation may bring amnesty
- 08/28/2018 "Cooling roots provides 25% vegetative growth increase in cannabis"