Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Tomato prices Madhya Pradesh plummetingWholesale prices of tomatoes in Madhya Pradesh district have plummeted from ₹30 in October to as low as ₹2 per kg (from 37 to 0.3 euro cents).
A farmer from the Petlawad area of Jhabua district, a major tomato-producing region, said, "We are getting on average ₹2 per kilogram of tomatoes in wholesale markets. At these prices, we won't recover production and harvesting costs.”
According to economictimes.indiatimes.com, wholesale prices were between 20 and 30 rupees (25 to 37 euro cents) per kg in October, but it fell due to a sudden bumper crop this month. Farmers' organisations have demanded that the state government take steps to protect the interests of tomato-producer farmers.
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Other news in this sector: