Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spanish ports increase horticultural products traffic by 10%In 2017, Spanish ports moved 545 million tons, of which 10.1 million were fruits, vegetables and pulses, representing an increase of 9.7% compared to the previous year.
That is the main point of the release that Puertos del Estado issued at the recent Fruit Logistica. In addition to this, 54% of the fruit & veg's total amount corresponded to import-export traffic, "a figure that makes Spain one of the main suppliers of this type of goods to the rest of Europe".
The governmental port agency attributes this increase to the enhancement of maritime cabotage lines with the European countries, which represent almost 93% of Spanish exports, and with African countries bordering the Mediterranean, which is favoring the intermodality as well.
Source: elvigia.com / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Other news in this sector: