Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spanish ports increase horticultural products traffic by 10%In 2017, Spanish ports moved 545 million tons, of which 10.1 million were fruits, vegetables and pulses, representing an increase of 9.7% compared to the previous year.
That is the main point of the release that Puertos del Estado issued at the recent Fruit Logistica. In addition to this, 54% of the fruit & veg's total amount corresponded to import-export traffic, "a figure that makes Spain one of the main suppliers of this type of goods to the rest of Europe".
The governmental port agency attributes this increase to the enhancement of maritime cabotage lines with the European countries, which represent almost 93% of Spanish exports, and with African countries bordering the Mediterranean, which is favoring the intermodality as well.
Source: elvigia.com / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Other news in this sector: