- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- China: Seasonal peppers enter the market in large volumes
- US: Electrolyzed water system to treat and prevent plant diseases
- US (CA): Sakata Seed America completes Woodland Innovation Center
- US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
US (AZ): Raising prawns in the desert using aquaponics
“So we harnessed nature in order to grow food for us - both fish in these tanks and plants out here,” said Dr. George Brooks, who leads the aquaponics class.
“Here we have collard greens, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, some kinds of lettuce,” Brooks said, pointing out different leafy greens.
When the prawns were at the college last semester, raising them to be big enough to eat was no picnic - partly because the prawns have a big appetite themselves.
“And that’s they’re biggest problem — they tend to be cannibalistic,” Brooks said. “They are very feisty to say the least. I would personally not want to mess with a big one.”
Read more at KJZZ (Annika Cline)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- 09/18/2018 US: Groups ask Congress to support urban/innovative farms
- 09/18/2018 Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- 09/18/2018 CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- 09/17/2018 Building the sustainable cities of the future
- 09/17/2018 Gotham Greens
- 09/14/2018 A farm on a shelf
- 09/13/2018 CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- 09/13/2018 Container farm producer now also supplies farmers
- 09/12/2018 "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- 09/11/2018 Growing crops with roots in the mist
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- 09/10/2018 Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- 09/06/2018 Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- 09/06/2018 How the right sales channel can make or break your vertical farm
- 09/05/2018 "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."
- 09/05/2018 US (PA): Plans advancing for greenhouse in former garage
- 09/04/2018 "We want to supply Amsterdam with locally grown food"