Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan: Need for modern technology use in agriculture stressedUse of modern techniques and technologies in agriculture is the need of the hour which carries equal significance for both the businessmen and the men of science and technology in Pakistan.
That was the upshot of the speeches delivered at a seminar on 'High Value Agriculture' held at Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry on Wednesday. The LCCI President Malik Tahir Javaid, Ceo Yuksel Seeds, Turkey Yaqub Yuksel, Convener LCCI Standing Committee on Mechanized & High Value Agriculture Mian Shafqat Ali, Ex-vice Chancellor Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi Dr Rai Niaz Ahmed, Dr Khawaja Asif, Mian Shaukat Ali, Faisal Iqbal Sheikh and Naeem Hanif also spoke on the occasion.
Malik Tahir Javaid said that in the present scenario of water scarcity, the sustainable food security of Pakistan had to be ensured by way of adopting new techniques. "There are many developing countries like Pakistan which are encouraging corporate farming and in parallel to that they are fostering high value agriculture that include vertical farming, hydroponics farming, aquaponics farming and arctic farming etc."
Read more at UrduPoint (Rukhshan Mir)
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Other news in this sector: