Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Blind man reaps success in tomato farmingMeghu Pradhan (45) is visually-impaired from birth, but his hard labour and dedication stood him against all obstacles and helped him become a sought after farmer in the area.
According to sources, Pradhan was blind from birth. However, he could slightly see under sunlight. Although he could not study due to poor eyesight, he helped his parents make both ends meet. As he grew up, he learned the skill of farming from his parents.
They got him married to Rankuni who was well aware of his weakness. However, she stood by him through thick and thin and helped him in farming. Initially, the couple earned a living by doing odd jobs.
Then, Pradhan decided to cultivate tomatoes and onions. He then took a farmland as a sharecropper and cultivated tomatoes and onions in 2016. Luckily, the cultivation was good and fetched him profit. Since then, there is no looking back for Pradhan.
Read more at the Orissa Post
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Other news in this sector: