- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- The benefits of eating fruit
- US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- How to make the conservation and utilization of neglected plant varieties economically viable?
- Bejo introduces new sustainable seed coating
- Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
India: Blind man reaps success in tomato farming
According to sources, Pradhan was blind from birth. However, he could slightly see under sunlight. Although he could not study due to poor eyesight, he helped his parents make both ends meet. As he grew up, he learned the skill of farming from his parents.
They got him married to Rankuni who was well aware of his weakness. However, she stood by him through thick and thin and helped him in farming. Initially, the couple earned a living by doing odd jobs.
Then, Pradhan decided to cultivate tomatoes and onions. He then took a farmland as a sharecropper and cultivated tomatoes and onions in 2016. Luckily, the cultivation was good and fetched him profit. Since then, there is no looking back for Pradhan.
Read more at the Orissa Post
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 How does a pepper travel from the farm to your plate?
- 09/19/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/19/2018 Bell peppers pampered at World Horti Center
- 09/18/2018 Efficient irrigation for blueberry grower
- 09/18/2018 France: Hotel puts stop to food waste with virtuous biosystem
- 09/17/2018 Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
- 09/17/2018 US (WY): Tomato grower pleads guilty to growing marijuana
- 09/14/2018 Earlier strawberry crop and year-round production with LED toplighting
- 09/14/2018 Belgian tomato group switching to hybrid lighting system
- 09/14/2018 Australian tomato grower goes from strength to strength using latest technology
- 09/14/2018 Abu Dhabi: Cultivation started in Al Dahra BayWa greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- 09/14/2018 AU: Katunga fresh to expand with 15 hectare cucumber greenhouse
- 09/12/2018 India: Women growers looking to save environment, conserve water
- 09/12/2018 Bristol man baffled by giant cucumbers
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/12/2018 US (MO): A hydroponic twist on the family farm
- 09/12/2018 Australia: Greenhouse growers tour Woolgoolga
- 09/11/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/11/2018 US (NC): Hydroponic farm buzzing with activity