Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Bennie Kuipers to start with vertical farming
Emsflower, the largest bedding plants producer in Europe, is experimenting with the cultivation of lettuce on water. In a few years the company wants to start cultivating on a large scale in state-of-the-art climatic chambers with LED lighting: Vertical farming.
Bennie Kuipers thinks he can sell the lettuce through his company Emsland Gemüse. They already sell their own vegetables.
"In German supermarkets there is a great deal of demand for products that are cultivated in the region without pesticides."
After the climatic chambers for lettuce, more investments will also be made in tomatoes. Kuipers is preparing a second greenhouse in Emsbüren for the cultivation of vine tomatoes. In addition, next year the company will set up its own cuttings company in Ethiopia. Emsflower has also decided to build an apartment complex for its (foreign) employees.
Read the complete article here (in Dutch).
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Other news in this sector: