Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: Guy Thallon joins Business Development team at Fera Science
Guy has spent the last 7 years working in the Agri-Food sector in innovation-orientated roles promoting closer working between industry and science resulting in more effective and accelerated translation of science into application.
Guy joined the sector through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership programme between Cranfield University and Produce World Group which led the development of Soil-for-life, an agri-informatics platform focused on unpicking the complexity of soil health. Whilst at Produce World Guy took on broader responsibilities and held the position of Head of Research, Development and Innovation, working closely with customers and growers across R&D, sustainability, responsible for sourcing and new product development programmes.
In 2016 Guy joined Farmcare Trading Limited in the role of Science Manager, stepping away from the competitive world of supplying retailers into primary production. During his time with Farmcare Guy led the development of an R&D programme focused on developing a culture of innovation on farms whilst also building overall resilience to the shocks and challenges that face agricultural systems.
In his role at Fera Science, Guy will be working with teams across Crop Health and the wider Fera portfolio to support the identification and realisation of opportunities, as well as generating new business interests across the agri-food sector.
Guy stated ‘I’m excited to immerse myself in everything Fera Science Limited, spending time with topic experts to start to gain a strong understanding of the diverse capabilities and activities that exist within Crop Health. From there it’s a case of exploring and supporting ideas, applications and connections to develop and prioritise opportunities going forward; as well as going out to engage with the Agri-Food sector and wider industries to begin building new strategic business and research pipelines.’
For more information:
+44 (0)300 100 0321
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand
- 09/07/2018 "In order to promote them, Peruvian chili peppers need to be linked to the gastronomy"
- 09/07/2018 ''Colorful beetroot varieties from north German fields are very popular''