Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): South Portland greenhouse (14,200 sq.ft.) gets go-aheadThe Planning Board of South Portland approved an amended site plan for a half-million dollar commercial greenhouse in the industrial section of the city.
The proposed 14,200-square-foot greenhouse will be built on a 2-acre lot at 25 Duck Pond Road. The applicant and developer, John Crowley, doing business as 110 Dartmouth Street LLC, plans on leasing growing space to tenants.
The goal of the project is to provide urban agriculture space for local restaurants.
The design of the greenhouse will be a metal frame with glass panels underneath plastic. In addition to the greenhouse, a 5,000-square-foot gravel area for soils and material storage, as well a parking area for eight vehicles, several generator pads, a transformer, and job trailer are proposed.
Read more at The Forecaster (Juliette Laaka)
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Other news in this sector: