Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CAN (QC): Six growers to provide 62 tonnes of recreational cannabis
Six companies that already have federal licences to grow marijuana announced Wednesday that they have signed letters of intent to provide Quebec with cannabis once the products are legal for recreational use.
The tentative agreements were inked with the government-owned alcohol retailer, the SAQ, because the subsidiary that is supposed to handle the sale of legalized marijuana, the Société québécoise du cannabis (SQC), does not yet exist as a legal entity.
Gatineau's Hydropothecary, the only Quebec supplier on the list, has obtained the largest deal.
It has agreed to provide the province with 20,000 kilograms of cannabis products, including plants, sprays and powders, in the first year.
Two other producers, Canopy Growth, based in Smith Falls, Ont., and Edmonton's Aurora Cannabis, have operations in Valleyfield, Mirabel and Saint Lucien, Que.
They have agreed to provide at least 12,000 kilograms and 5,000 kilograms, respectively.
The other three companies are MedReleaf from Markham, Ont., Tilray from Nanaimo, B.C., and Aphria from Leamington, Ont.
Read more at CBC News (Angelica Montgomery)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 US (CA): Turnkey automated cultivation systems for the cannabis industry
- 09/18/2018 CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- 09/17/2018 Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
- 09/17/2018 US (OK): Former tomato greenhouse ready for organic MMJ
- 09/17/2018 MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- 09/14/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- 09/14/2018 European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
- 09/11/2018 CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- 09/11/2018 CAN (BC): Pure Sunfarms to expand cannabis acreage to 550,000 sq.ft.
- 09/10/2018 US (NV): CROP completes purchase of Nye County farm
- 09/10/2018 US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- 09/07/2018 Delphy gets into cannabis cultivation
- 09/06/2018 CAN (BC): Medicinal greenhouse proposal for Logan Lake
- 09/05/2018 Big-name investors experiment with marijuana stocks
- 09/04/2018 NZ: First company receives medical cannabis license
- 08/31/2018 CAN (ON): Controversial greenhouse now for mums, not pot
- 08/30/2018 US, Mexico discuss cannabis legalization
- 08/29/2018 US (WA): 35,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility commences commercial production
- 08/28/2018 Lebanese cannabis farmers hope legalisation may bring amnesty
- 08/28/2018 "Cooling roots provides 25% vegetative growth increase in cannabis"