Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US infographics show fruits and vegetables that are in seasonPlan to purchase your fruits and vegetables during their peak seasons, and you'll not only enjoy them more, you'll save money while maximizing nutrition.
Buying in season makes all fruits and vegetables more enjoyable—and that’s not the only benefit, according to NYC-based registered dietitian Lisa Hayim. When you purchase produce at peak season, you get more natural nutrients, she says.
“Because seasonal fruits and vegetables don’t undergo lengthy transit times to get from farm to your kitchen, these integral vitamins and minerals are more likely to be preserved by the time you’re ready to eat your produce,” she says. In fact, the Cleveland Clinic reports that spinach can provide up to three times more vitamin C when consumed in season—September through October.
Visit this site for some very interesting infographics
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Other news in this sector: