- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US: Vegetable costs range from 17 cents to $2.47 per cup equivalent
- Marcus Meadows-Smith named independent director at Crop Enhancement
- Saudi Arabia: University places LED order for speed breeding program
- How does a greenhouse on Antarctica work?
- British pound sterling dropped against euro and dollar
Top 5 -last week
US (GA): Pure Flavor greenhouse construction project coming to life
Over the course of the last few weeks once post holes were dug and back filled, Dutch greenhouse builder Havecon began erecting the main structure with full scale implementation now underway. From a timing standpoint, the project is on track for completion by late summer with the first crop of tomatoes & seedless cucumbers to be planted shortly thereafter.
“Building a high-tech greenhouse in Georgia was part of our growth strategy to extend our reach across North America. Being strategically located in Peach County allows us in some instances to have same day & next day deliveries in the southeast region”, stated Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President. Pure Flavor researched more than 400 sites throughout North America before settling on Peach County, GA. The 75-acre greenhouse project broke ground in September 2017 and will be built in 3 phases of 25 acres. Phase 1 is expected to be completed in late Summer 2018.
“Greenhouse tomatoes & seedless cucumbers grown in Georgia will help breathe new life in to the category. It will help our retail (& foodservice partners) in the region to have fresher product on store shelves while maintaining consistent quality and availability year-round. In the end, it is the consumer who will benefit from great product grown in the state of Georgia”, said Mastronardi.
Retail partners & consumers can follow the progress in photos of the Georgia greenhouse construction on a weekly basis by visiting the Pure Flavor Georgia Photo Gallery.
“We are connecting our customers with the project in every way possible with frequent updates via social media, the photo gallery, and video stories shot by drone”, said Chris Veillon, Chief Marketing Officer. A custom website was built just before the groundbreaking in September 2017 to announce the project, the page now serves as the central resource for everything to do with the Georgia project. “A connected customer is an informed customer, we can’t wait to get our first plants in the greenhouse later this summer”, commented Veillon. Pure Flavor expects the first crops to be picked in early Fall 2018.
Pure Flavor will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Trade Show & Convention in Tampa, FL March 3rd. Visitors are encouraged to visit Booth #605 to learn more about the Georgia project.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Greenhouses boost nutrition in Bolivia
- 09/18/2018 Germany: Wittingen gets first joint Food & Energy facility
- 09/18/2018 Korean company builds aquaponic greenhouse in Kazakhstan
- 09/18/2018 US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- 09/18/2018 Russia: 11 ha greenhouse under construction in Kuban
- 09/17/2018 Russia: High-tech greenhouse complex opened in Rostov region
- 09/17/2018 Russia: Greenhouse vegetables crops in Moscow region up 77%
- 09/14/2018 US (IL): Sangamon Valley students anticipating new greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Record harvest at Antarctic greenhouse
- 09/14/2018 Samoan growers get tunnel and shade houses from China
- 09/14/2018 Texas A&M AgriLife high tunnel study expands
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/13/2018 Basic requirements when looking for a new greenhouse production site
- 09/13/2018 Belgium: Roeselare breaks ground on 30 ha greenhouse business park
- 09/13/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower completes first harvest in Strathroy greenhouse
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/12/2018 West Africa's largest hydroponic tomato greenhouse opens in Nigeria
- 09/11/2018 US (TX): High school receives $10K Monsanto grant for greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 Are hot springs the future of farming?
- 09/11/2018 Biggest greenhouse in Siberia for sale