Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan aims to triple supply of fresh produce to Russia
Uzbekistan plans to increase the supply of vegetables and fruits to Russia by 2-3 times, said Deputy Minister of Agriculture of Russia Sergei Levin.
According to the press service of the Ministry of Foreign Trade (MoF) of Uzbekistan, Levin noted that bilateral contacts at various levels in 2017 gave a new impetus to cooperation between Uzbekistan and Russia in the field of agriculture.
Earlier it was reported that Uzbekistan and Russia intend to create a so-called green corridor for the export of fresh and processed fruits and vegetables. This green corridor would ensure a simplified procedure for customs and phytosanitary controls of fruit and vegetable products supplied from Uzbekistan to the Russian Federation.
It is worth recalling that Uzbek president Mirziyoyev made an official visit to Russia in April 2017. During the top-level talks, both parties signed 55 contracts and agreements worth $16 billion.
In 2018, Uzbekistan also intends to open a green corridor for the supply of vegetables and fruits to the Baltic countries, as well as Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: