Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MI): Homespun seed catalog specializes in heirloom vegetablesJulie Slezak says heirloom vegetables changed her diet and garden. Now she wants them to change your garden and diet.
Slezak and her husband, Scott, are the owners Annie's Heirloom Seeds, a homespun catalog and website that ardently preaches the benefits of non-GMO heirloom vegetables over hybrids.
Over the past eight years, they've grown their business to the point where they're mailing out 120,000 catalogs a year. They have several employees and two of their home-schooled teenagers who are busy this time of the year as gardeners begin sending in orders for spring planting.
Soon, Slezak was searching high and low for heirloom seeds. She and Scott decided to turn their quest into a business collecting and selling heirloom seeds for others. The catalog and website soon followed.
Today, Annie's Heirloom Seeds sells more than $500,000 worth of seeds a year from their home-based business on Ransom Road near Hudsonville.
Read more at MLive.com (Jim Harger)
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: