Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MI): Homespun seed catalog specializes in heirloom vegetablesJulie Slezak says heirloom vegetables changed her diet and garden. Now she wants them to change your garden and diet.
Slezak and her husband, Scott, are the owners Annie's Heirloom Seeds, a homespun catalog and website that ardently preaches the benefits of non-GMO heirloom vegetables over hybrids.
Over the past eight years, they've grown their business to the point where they're mailing out 120,000 catalogs a year. They have several employees and two of their home-schooled teenagers who are busy this time of the year as gardeners begin sending in orders for spring planting.
Soon, Slezak was searching high and low for heirloom seeds. She and Scott decided to turn their quest into a business collecting and selling heirloom seeds for others. The catalog and website soon followed.
Today, Annie's Heirloom Seeds sells more than $500,000 worth of seeds a year from their home-based business on Ransom Road near Hudsonville.
Read more at MLive.com (Jim Harger)
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: