- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- US (TX): Big Tex Urban Farms donate more to local community thanks to oxygen nanobubbles
- "AI must outperform growers’ green fingers"
- Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome the challenges?
- "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
Ontario partners with University of Guelph
Jeff Leal, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, was joined by University of Guelph President Dr. Franco Vaccarino, in Guelph to sign the agreement and mark Canada's Agriculture Day.
The new agreement builds on a longstanding collaboration spanning more than 100 years and will strengthen Ontario's leadership in agri-food research and innovation, food safety and the protection of plant, animal and human health. The agreement will also equip undergraduate and graduate students with the skills they need to become the next generation of researchers, innovators and policy-makers in Ontario's growing agri-food sector.
Training the next generation of leaders in Ontario's agri-food sector is part of our plan to create fairness and opportunity during this period of rapid economic change. The plan includes a higher minimum wage and better working conditions, free tuition for hundreds of thousands of students, easier access to affordable childcare, and free prescription drugs for everyone under 25 through the biggest expansion of medicare in a generation.
“We look forward to continuing to work with the University of Guelph to Support growth and innovation in the Ontario agri-food sector. The research made possible through our partnership will help ensure the sector and our rural communities remain vibrant while positioning our province as a global leader in research and innovation. Thanks to our investments, these highly skilled students are boosting their competitive edge while paving the way for the continued growth of our agri-food sector”, said Jeff Leal, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs/Minister of Small Business.
“The University of Guelph is a hub of research excellence, recognized by its peers not just here, but around the world. The university attracts the best and brightest students, researchers, and academia from across Canada and internationally, who are helping contribute to ground-breaking agri-food research and innovation”, Liz Sandals, MPP for Guelph, commented.
“Scientific research is critical to developing innovations that benefit people, animals and the environment, from safer food to improved health to healthier ecosystems. Agri-food innovation also attracts investment and highly skilled talent, helping create jobs and strong communities. The OMAFRA/U of G partnership has helped position Ontario and Guelph as the epicentre of agricultural research and innovation in Canada”, Dr. Franco Vaccarino, University of Guelph President, added.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
- 10/12/2018 Ukraine Jan-Sep 2018: Tomato exports down 29%
- 10/12/2018 US: California Farm Academy tackles ag labor shortage
- 10/12/2018 NZ food prices ease as lettuce prices plunge
- 10/12/2018 "Russian state subsidizes about 16 thousand agro-industrial investment projects"
- 10/12/2018 OVERVIEW GLOBAL PEPPER MARKET
- 10/11/2018 The roar of Russia’s glass bear
- 10/11/2018 US (NY): Brighton Farmers Market gets $1M for new permanent location
- 10/11/2018 Why consumers worldwide are eating ever-more snack vegetables
- 10/11/2018 Ireland allocates €6 million for horticulture
- 10/11/2018 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 10/11/2018 Food waste in Poland relatively high compared to other EU countries
- 10/10/2018 China: Coriander price dropped 76% this week
- 10/10/2018 How France uses its land
- 10/09/2018 'Profit margins for root vegetables and cabbage specialties are getting bigger every year' '
- 10/09/2018 China: Machines will help Xinjiang farmers harvest chilli peppers faster
- 10/09/2018 World Bank concerned about Morocco’s economic outlook
- 10/09/2018 Turkey: Green pepper production and export figures
- 10/09/2018 Bad weather strikes southern Italy once again
- 10/08/2018 UK Department of Agriculture to recruit 116 border control staff