- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
"Get growing sooner with high tunnels"
One farm taking advantage of GrowSpan’s line of high tunnels is Vitruvian Farms in McFarland, Wisconsin. The farm grows a wide range of produce, including salad mix, arugula, spinach, tomatoes and more, and supplies the local restaurant community in the greater Madison area.
Besides allowing growers to start their growing season earlier, a high tunnel is also a great way to integrate an incredibly cost-effective form of environmental control. Crops started early in a tunnel have protection from a late frost, and the tunnels also protect crops from inclement weather, like snow, hail and heavy rain. On top of weather protection, when used properly, a high tunnel can also help growers reduce the risk of both pests and disease.
While a high tunnel will help growers get a jump start in the later winter and early spring, it is also important to note that high tunnels also lengthen the growing season. They provide the same benefits late in the season, so an early frost or snowfall won’t harm late season crops. In fact, integrating a high tunnel can allow an operation to get an extra harvest in on the back end of the season.
The structure featured in the video is a GrowSpan Premium Round High Tunnel. It’s 30’W x 96’L and an option for professional farms and grow ops. The Premium Round High Tunnel provides plenty of warmth in the winter, and the Roll-Up Sides allow for plenty of ventilation during the warmer months. GrowSpan also supplies growers with Gothic Premium, Series 500 Tall, Single Bay, Rolling Premium and Economy High Tunnels, as well as the GrowSpan Roll-Up Low Pro Tunnel.
For more information:
GrowSpan Greenhouse Structures
1395 John Fitch Blvd
South Windsor, Connecticut 06074
Toll-free USA: (800) 476 9715
International: +1 860 528 9550
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Russia: 7 ha greenhouse complex to be launched in Bryansk
- 10/23/2018 Turkey: Cukurova production region to be filled with greenhouses in near future
- 10/23/2018 Slovenian tomato producer deliberately puts taste before production
- 10/23/2018 Denmark: Experimental greenhouse pops up at busy intersection
- 10/22/2018 Russia: New greenhouse complex opens in Chechnya
- 10/22/2018 China, Romania cooperate on ag science demonstration park
- 10/22/2018 Turkey: Fully modernized greenhouses being set up in Bayburt
- 10/19/2018 "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
- 10/19/2018 US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- 10/19/2018 Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses