Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MN): Aeroponic grower starts venture in New LondonWhat had been a large, empty pole barn on a farm in rural New London last year is now becoming a climate-controlled maze of computer-operated, high-powered lights and a water misting system housed on a dozen massive stainless steel frames.
By early spring, the building will be filled with lush, fresh lettuce and other leafy greens.
The greens will taste "like a treat," said Kevin Ortenblad, who along with his wife, Julie, and daughter and son-in-law, Brian and Melody Dengler, are launching Lettuce Abound Farms LLC.
It will be the region's first large-scale, commercial indoor aeroponics growing system that will produce fresh greens year-round.
They intend to market the high-end produce to restaurants and other outlets, like food co-ops.
Read more at the West Central Tribune (Carolyn Lange)
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: