- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- Defra commits to financial support for British producer organisations
- South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
Top 5 -last month
- France: Hotel puts stop to food waste with virtuous biosystem
- CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- DOGK: “This project is an opportunity for growth"
- Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
Top 5 -last week
Vietnam: Hi-tech methods raise production value of farm produce
The growth in the city’s total agricultural production value last year was 2.2 times higher than the country’s average figure.
Trang Quoc Dung of Nong Phat Company said the technology had helped raise productivity and quality of the company’s honeydew melons, which are grown in membrane houses and watered by drip irrigation systems in Hoc Mon District.
The company plans to use hi-tech applications for more vegetables such as asparagus this year, Dung said.
According to the city’s agriculture department, hi-tech methods are being used on 390ha of vegetable, flower and fruit cultivation.
The economic value from these kinds of vegetables has been VND1 billion [44,300 USD] to VND1.4 billion [62,000 USD] per ha every year. Nearly VND2 billion [88,600 USD] is earned from each ha of orchids annually.
Read more at VietNamNet
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 “Picking fresh Dutch blackberries in December”
- 10/15/2018 Agroecology could help feed Europe without pesticides by 2050
- 10/11/2018 "Make growing easier with fewer drawbacks"
- 10/11/2018 UK: Sharing is caring with Next Generation Growing (NGG) techniques
- 10/11/2018 Netherlands: Demonstration fossil-free tomato cultivation begins
- 10/11/2018 Plant Empowerment book officially launched at CGC
- 10/09/2018 Grant recipients to study produce and bee pollination
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: Growers recoup their losses with zucchini production
- 10/01/2018 Imaginative Chinese statue: Rooster made out of peppers and corn
- 10/01/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/01/2018 "Empower your plants and your business"
- 09/27/2018 ‘2018 is one of the hardest growing seasons ever’
- 09/26/2018 US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
- 09/25/2018 Shout-out to the bell pepper
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in parsley and rosemary
- 09/24/2018 Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in mint
- 09/24/2018 Saving the prized chile that grows only in Oaxaca’s mountains
- 09/24/2018 Kim Jong Un presents South Korea with two tons of Pine mushrooms
- 09/21/2018 Growers in autonomous cucumber greenhouse are doing well