Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
100% recyclable plant pots look to increase sustainability in horticulture
Pöppelmann blue is a new strategic Pöppelmann-wide initiative which brings together projects involved in a continuous recycling economy. Using this slogan, Pöppelmann TEKU is now presenting new plant pots made from PCR which are 100 percent recyclable, thus ensuring a closed material cycle.
Ronald Vreugdenhil of Pöppelmann at IPM Essen 2018
Greater sustainability is an important issue in horticulture, too. After all, consumers are increasingly opting for environmentally friendly and climate change-mitigating products.
The PÖPPELMANN blue initiative relies on a closed material cycle: TEKU presents plant pots made from Pöppelmann PCR
New Pöppelmann PCR recycling material
The plant pots are made out of Pöppelmann PCR: pure post-consumer recycled plastic. In other words, the plastic used for this purpose is 100 percent recyclable and originates exclusively from Der Grüne Punkt (Green Dot, dual system in Germany). Once a plant is pulled out of a pot, the pot is then put back into the recycling system so that the plastic is available to be used again.
With the PCR range, Pöppelmann TEKU closes the material cycle at the same stage of the value added chain. The new Pöppelmann PCR recycling material is used for the most common plant pots in the VCG and VCH series. Additional series are planned to follow soon.
Pöppelmann blue – Company-wide initiative
The new PCR plant pots are part of the Pöppelmann blue initiative. Under the banner, the plastics specialist brings together under this banner numerous projects across the business which are committed to a continuous recycling economy.
For more information:
Tel: +49 04442 982-1600
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector: