Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Talley Farms names new sales manager, Derek SassTalley Farms, a fourth generation family farming operation located in California’s Arroyo Grande Valley, has named produce industry veteran Derek Sass as sales manager for the company, which this year celebrates 70 years of farming in the fertile region near the central Pacific coast.
“We are pleased to welcome Derek to the Talley Farms family,” said Todd Talley, chief financial officer and co-owner of Talley Farms. “He is a consummate professional who has spent his entire career working and building relationships within the produce industry. His successful track record in sales and commodities management will serve him well as part of our team.”
Leveraging 20 years of industry experience, Sass will focus, initially, on business development for new retail accounts, including national chains, mass market, regional chains, independents, and wholesalers servicing retail accounts. He will also be tasked with expanding Talley Farms’ commodity offerings.
“We anticipate 2018 to be a year of growth. Talley Farms has increased its growing capacity over the last couple of years to be able to provide our clients with year-round product availability. Derek will play an important role in broadening our customer base as we continue our company expansion,” said Talley.
Sass was formerly a national account executive with Beachside Produce, where he led the company’s strawberry program. Prior to that, he was the procurement manager for Markon, Inc., where he oversaw quality control and managed multiple commodities.
Sass holds a degree in agribusiness from Cal Poly of San Luis Obispo.
“When Talley Farms’ founder, Oliver Talley, started growing vegetables in 1948, he endeavored to grow choice produce and to treat people with kindness and respect. Seventy years later, Talley Farms maintains the same commitments to quality, responsible growing practices, food safety, integrity in business relationships, and employee care,” said Sass. “I appreciate that the Talley family has stayed true to Oliver Talley’s vision, and I am proud to join Talley Farms as sales manager. I look forward to working with our retail clients to provide them with delicious, premium quality fruits and vegetables.”
For more information:
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector: