Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwanda-Israel horticulture deal to cut down on importsFor some years now, the growing high-end Hotels in Rwanda have complained about ‘poor quality’ of local fruits and vegetables – pushing them to import the products.
This will be history in the near future. Rwanda and Israel have jointly ventured into a horticulture project that experts in this field say has reached maturity stage to serve high demand for products on the market.
KT Press toured the Rwanda-Israel Horticulture Center of Excellence at Mulindi, in the outskirts of the capital Kigali.
The main fruits and vegetables grown at the centre include yellow sweet pepper, red sweet pepper; green sweet pepper as well as red tomatoes grown in a greenhouse system.
By adopting new technologies from Israel, the centre helps farmers through learning by doing a system where they come to the center get training on different technical skills on vegetable and fruits production.
Read more at KT Press (Dan Ngabonziza)
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Other news in this sector: