Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Bayer-Monsanto must not hurt competition in digital farming"Bayer needs to ensure that a merger with rival Monsanto does not stifle competition in digital farming, the European Union’s Competition Commissioner Margrethe Verstager told a German newspaper on Saturday.
“Digitalisation is radically changing farming. We need to beware that through the merger, competition in the area of digital farming and research is not impaired,” Verstager told Germany’s Rheinische Post.
“It is our task to ensure that farmers still have a choice over seeds, pesticides, fungicides and insecticides even after the merger,” Verstager told the paper, adding that the Commission plans to publish its antitrust verdict by April 5.
Read more at Reuters
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector: