Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): School greenhouse to aid Manitoulin Island self-sustainabilityA greenhouse project at a high school on Manitoulin Island is being touted as a way for students to learn about agriculture and business acumen, and eventually help the territory be more self-sustaining.
Wikwemikong High School received funding for a teaching greenhouse, which will be built and managed by the students.
Jason Thibault, business teacher and vice-principal at the school, said the project is scheduled to break ground in May.
“It's going to be a 30-by-75-foot greenhouse we will build on the bluff on the south end,” he said. “We are working with local contractors, but we have a carpentry program in Grade 11 that will do most of the work.”
Once the greenhouse is built, he said it will be an opportunity for the science and biology programs to participate, from business students selling plants grown in the greenhouse to carpentry students making raised beds. They could either sell raised beds to customers, or make more for the benefit of the community as they have done in the past.
Read more at Northern Ontario Business (Karen McKinley)
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Other news in this sector: