- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- How a French prince is saving the world from tasteless tomatoes
- UK Government presents Agriculture Bill
- Benson Hill Biosystems raises $60 million to improve food and ingredients
- It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- Czech scientists make progress in microscopic examination of plants
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Kenya: Farmers beat drought with hydroponic fodder
To guarantee livestock fodder even when pastures are dry, farmers are switching to hydroponics, a soil-less culture technology which uses less water and land and can yield up to 10 times the crop grown in an open field.
The method mixes barley, wheat, maize and other grains with water in trays and takes only days to mature – compared to months for ordinary fodder like Napier grass, said Donatus Njoroge, a researcher at Mount Kenya University and director at Hydroponics Kenya, a business that teaches the technique to farmers in the area.
Read more at Reuters (Justus Wanzala)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- 09/18/2018 US: Groups ask Congress to support urban/innovative farms
- 09/18/2018 Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- 09/18/2018 CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- 09/17/2018 Building the sustainable cities of the future
- 09/17/2018 Gotham Greens
- 09/14/2018 A farm on a shelf
- 09/13/2018 CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- 09/13/2018 Container farm producer now also supplies farmers
- 09/12/2018 "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- 09/11/2018 Growing crops with roots in the mist
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- 09/10/2018 Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- 09/06/2018 Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- 09/06/2018 How the right sales channel can make or break your vertical farm
- 09/05/2018 "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."
- 09/05/2018 US (PA): Plans advancing for greenhouse in former garage
- 09/04/2018 "We want to supply Amsterdam with locally grown food"