Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (IA): Diversified farmer receives sustainable ag awardEarl Hafner, of Panora, has been chosen as the recipient of the 2018 Practical Farmers of Iowa Sustainable Agriculture Achievement award.
Hafner farms with his son, Jeff, at Early Morning Harvest and Hafner Inc., a 2,000-acre diversified farm that includes certified organic row crops and grass-fed cattle, hogs, small grains, vegetables and tilapia raised in an aquaponics greenhouse; egg production; honey; flours milled on-site; and value-added products made from their cereal grains.
In 2011, Earl and Jeff Hafner opened Early Morning Harvest, which added the aquaponics greenhouse, chickens and on-farm milling to their suite of commercial enterprises. These ventures had started as personal hobbies.
Jeff had returned from his second tour in Iraq, where he studied aquaponics and agriculture. Meanwhile, Earl Hafner had been making his own breakfast cereal and was inspired by the possibility of turning cereal grains — which the Hafners already raised — into homemade flour.
Read more at Cedar Valley Business Monthly
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Other news in this sector: