Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Haisheng wins Tomato Inspiration Award 2018Chinese company Haisheng won the Tomato Inspiration Award in Berlin on Thursday night. Mr. Leeki Li, Director of Horticultural Business of Haisheng, received the award from Meiny Prins, CEO of Priva during the fifth edition of the Tomato Inspiration Event.
Haisheng is a well-known Chinese company with a very good reputation worldwide. In the past, the company specialized mainly in fruit growing and the production of fruit juices, but in recent years it has also taken big steps in the cultivation of high quality fruit and vegetables under glass. Haisheng currently grows tomatoes in a 12-hectare Ultra-Clima greenhouse, controlled by the Connext, making it the first in China to use that greenhouse concept. Haisheng also takes care of the cultivation of the tomato plants and has started the production of snack tomatoes on a large scale. Different types of tomato are also grown under professional conditions.
The jury awarded the Tomato Inspiration Award to Haisheng because the company is an authentic 'game changer' in China. Haisheng grows tomatoes on a large scale by using high-tech facilities, with which the company is a forerunner and pioneer in Chinese greenhouse horticulture. In addition, the choice of snack tomatoes, which are even called 'Dutch Candy Tomatoes', is revolutionary for a country such as China, where such products are a novelty.
Haisheng is the fifth winner of the Tomato Inspiration Award. Windset Farms (Canada), Duijvestijn Tomaten (the Netherlands), Sundrop Farms (Australia) and Greenco (the Netherlands) preceded the Chinese company. The presentation of the award is part of the Tomato Inspiration Event that takes place annually in Berlin. Tomato growers from around the world attended the event on Thursday evening. The more than 150 guests listened to keynote speaker Jan Jonker from the Radboud University in Nijmegen talk about the trends and developments in the field of nutrition and actively participated in a discussion on various current topics.
The Tomato Inspiration Event and the presentation of the Tomato Inspiration Award are an initiative of HortiBiz in collaboration with Koppert Biological Systems, Priva, Cultilene, Axia Vegetable Seeds, Enza Seeds, Svensson, Van Dijk Heating, Gautier Semences, Carbon Gold and Greentech.
Publication date: 2/9/2018
Other news in this sector: