- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Adelita, the 'made in South' raspberries available from November to June
- CAN (BC): Hand in your unwanted crop protection products free of charge
- Jim McErlean becomes new VP of Sales at NatureSweet
- Research seeks more productive tomato for southeast Turkey
- UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
140 km of LED modules
Italian tomatoes now available in winter too
140 km of LED modules
About 9,000 lamps have been installed here with another 18,000 planned, giving a total of 25,000 Inter-Light lamps (patented by C-LED). As each lamp is 2.5 metres long, the completed system will house some 140 km of LED modules. Inside the greenhouse the climate - air temperature and quality, humidity and light - is regulated by a sophisticated automatic system that allows precision monitoring of these parameters.
A high-efficiency irrigation system provides enormous water savings, yet ensures plants are luxuriant and healthy. The greenhouse and all its constituent systems are powered by a cogeneration plant. “Beyond the heavy investment in research, our strength stems from taking a Solution Provider approach that combines personalisation of the right LED light recipe with an ability to build complete plants and get them up and running. From the initial design work to final completion of all the required systems and sensors, finely-tuned management takes us from cogeneration to lighting", comments Alessandro Pasini, President of C-LED and Cefla's Innovation Manager.
Research with University of Bologna
Significantly, the Ministry of Economic Development has expressed its acknowledgement of this all-new, highly innovative growing solution. This result is the outcome of the now-consolidated C-LED policy of developing cutting-edge LED indoor growing technology. “Fresh Guru, a Fri-El Green House brand, is leading the way in hydroponic tomato growing in both Italy and Europe”, explains Alessio Orlandi, Sales and Marketing Manager of Fri-El. “We do, indeed, aim to be the industry 'Guru', with products that are ever-better, fresher and more environmentally friendly. The partnership with C-LED allows us to be even more innovative by using lamps that are specifically designed to give our plants the right lighting recipe”.
“For some time now", explains Alessandro Pasini, "our research has been performed in partnership with the University of Bologna, which has set up two labs to test the effects of different lighting frequencies on plants. This research has led to the development of the Inter-Light lamp which, because it is positioned among the plants, scatters the light on them evenly on two sides. These lighting solutions ensure that the tomatoes grow efficiently in terms of both size and quality”.
C-LED is a Cefla company specialised in the design and production of personalised lighting solutions that respond to client requirements. C-LED principally addresses businesses that operate in retail and visual merchandising, interior design, public lighting, growing and industry. The company also develops systems governed by proximity sensors and environmental sensors for interactive communications (proximity marketing) and for efficient energy management of indoor spaces.
For more information:
Via Gambellara, 34
40026 Imola (BO)
tel: +39 0542 654980
fax: +39 0542 654344
FRI-EL Green Power S.p.A.
Piazza della Rotonda 2
00186 Roma (RM)
Tel. +39 06 6880 4163
Fax. +39 06 6821 2764
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Freshman students research light recipes for kale
- 10/18/2018 Using machine learning to make cultivation recommendations
- 10/18/2018 Remote detection of growth dynamics in red lettuce
- 10/17/2018 Agriculture: Drones in the air - sensors in the ground
- 10/16/2018 Bell pepper year round with LED or Hybrid Lighting
- 10/15/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/15/2018 "Ultra-wide LED spectrum benefits chemical expression in cannabis"
- 10/12/2018 "Stronger crop and cleaner cultivation with oxyhydrogen"
- 10/11/2018 European seed industry, unanimously in favor of CRISPR
- 10/10/2018 "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- 10/10/2018 Does it make economic sense for you to install grow lights?
- 10/10/2018 "AI enables cutting costs and streamlining operations"
- 10/10/2018 USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
- 10/09/2018 Climate cell on wheels helps Dutch growers with LED dilemma
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
- 10/05/2018 Plastic-eating mushrooms aid in combating growing waste crisis
- 10/05/2018 "It is not necessary to clean the irrigation system during crop rotation"
- 10/04/2018 Research into various light spectra
- 10/03/2018 Havecon opens North America office